Policy And Advocacy
The Ceylon Chamber of Commerce has been in the forefront in public policy advocacy in shaping policies, laws, regulations with a view to foster a dynamic private sector within a strong, competitive business environment. We have established a strong partnership with the Government and facilitate a continuous private public dialogue on polices, laws and regulations that impact business.
Our business advocacy is driven by the steering committees comprising of experts in different fields nominated from our membership. The steering committees provide the platform for companies to come together, identify issues of common concern and propose joint solutions that will support industry growth and competitiveness.
The steering committees are supported by the Economic Unit and the Legal Unit of the Ceylon Chamber in formulation of submissions to the Government with the necessary background research and inputs.
The Ceylon Chamber has Steering Committees on following subject areas;
- Retail Trade & Consumer Affairs
- CSR and Sustainable Business
- Economic, Fiscal and Policy Planning
- Finance, Banking and Capital Market
- Financial and Regulatory Reporting
- HR and Education
- Law and Order
- Information and Communication Technology
- Plantations & Commodities
- Agriculture & Livestock
- Cosmetics & Pharmaceuticals
- Ports, Shipping, Aviation & Logistics
- Power & Energy
- Food & Beverage