TITLE: Seminar on FREE TRADE AGREEMENTS: WHAT TO LOOK OUT FOR & HOW TO BENEFIT FROM THEM
DATE : 19th September 2016
VENUE : Ground Floor Auditorium of the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce
TIME : From 2.30 PM to 5.00PM
Contact Satheesha on 0115588882 or email@example.com for the Seminar registration on or before 14/09/2016
Session Chairperson : Mrs. Dhara Wijayatilake, CEO, The Ceylon Chamber of Commerce
Dr. Saman Kelegama, Executive Director, Institute of Policy Studies and Chairman-designate, Agency for International Trade
- What do trade agreements do and what do they intend to achieve?
- Why do countries forge Bilateral FTAs?
- What is covered in trade agreements (explaining goods, services, investment, economic cooperation, customs cooperation, dispute settlement, etc.)
Mr. K J Weerasinghe, Special Advisor, Joint Apparel Association Forum Sri Lanka and Advisor, Agency for International Trade
- What sort of trade barriers do FTAs tackle and what are the rules of the game?
- What should industry keep in mind when transacting under a FTA?
Dr. Ravi Ratnayake, Former United Nations Director of Trade and Investment and Advisor to Ministry of international Trade and Development Strategies.
- Costs & benefits of bilateral trade agreements vs unilateral liberalization or multilateral agreements under WTO
- How to make Bilateral FTAs more development-friendly